PDA

View Full Version : Quick write up/review on my thoughts of the Kanger Protank 3

Quality-Vapor.com
11-20-2013, 01:07 AM
We got our first shipment of Protank 3's in the other day and I have been using one for a couple days now. Overall I think it is an improvement over the Protank 2, but only under the right circumstances. I can't get the vapor/flavor production that I look for out of a tank with the Protank 3 on VV eGo/eVod batteries or even on an eVic. On the Vamo V3 with the wattage set to 12w it works great, it also worked well on the iTaste MVP v2. The one thing I do dislike about it is that it seems to "pop" a lot, I haven't had any liquid pop and make it into my mouth but it seems like that may happen. Hopefully they will start making the coils in a slightly different configuration to reduce popping (probably a tighter wrap will help).

The best way to describe the flavor and vapor production is that it is like a turbo charged Protank 2. The vapor production is increased by, in my opinion, about 40-50% and the flavor production is increased by about 25%. As I said earlier, there is some popping which I do not like and sometimes, usually towards the end of the tank, there is sometimes a slight gurgle which also happens on the Protank 2.

Overall it's a solid performer, I think it may have been brought to market a little ahead of schedule (probably to try and compete with the Aspire BDC) but I think, hopefully, Kanger will update the coil design to reduce or eliminate the popping.

E-C-T_Frank
11-22-2013, 04:08 AM
Awesome review on the kanger protank 3 Quality-Vapor.com:Thumbs-Up And great price on it http://www.quality-vapor.com/kanger-protank-3/ :Thumbs-Up

Quality-Vapor.com
11-22-2013, 06:39 AM
Thanks Frank, have you had the chance to give one a try yet? I have read a couple other reviews and it seems everyone is having different experiences from them!

E-C-T_Frank
11-24-2013, 02:23 AM
Thanks Frank, have you had the chance to give one a try yet? I have read a couple other reviews and it seems everyone is having different experiences from them!
No I haven't had the chance to try one yet. When I get tired of the protank 2 and decide to try the protank 3, I will definitely order one from you:Thumbs-Up

Quality-Vapor.com
11-24-2013, 10:00 AM
No I haven't had the chance to try one yet. When I get tired of the protank 2 and decide to try the protank 3, I will definitely order one from you:Thumbs-Up

Much appreciated! And, by that time, we will have the replacement coils in (which has proven to be a real farce)

EDIT: I just saw your signature, Congratulations!!!!!!

catvapes
11-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Hi Frank,

Congrats on the big news! A boy!

cat

E-C-T_Frank
11-25-2013, 03:43 PM
Much appreciated! And, by that time, we will have the replacement coils in (which has proven to be a real farce)

EDIT: I just saw your signature, Congratulations!!!!!!

Awesome, Thank you Quality-Vapor.com :Thumbs-Up

E-C-T_Frank
11-25-2013, 03:44 PM
Hi Frank,

Congrats on the big news! A boy!

cat

Thank you catvapes :Thumbs-Up

stevetalk
05-06-2014, 07:29 AM
great review.......Thank you Quality-Vapor

milhouse
05-06-2014, 11:51 PM
great review! Since i started on rebuild-able dripping atomizers, there is no going back, but I always liked the Protanks.