PDA

View Full Version : Quick Innokin iTaste VTR Write Up

Quality-Vapor.com
11-23-2013, 06:53 AM
We got our first shipment of iTaste VTR's in the other day and I have been testing one out for a few days now so I figured I'd share my views on it so far!

I'll start by saying DAMN this thing is heavy! Without a battery in it it is still very hefty, so hefty in fact that the battery doesn't make a very noticeable difference in the weight! This isn't necessarily a bad thing in my opinion, it definitely feels extremely solid and well made and feels very good in the hand. The finish is nice and well done, I'm not a huge fan of the back side cracked sort of pattern but to each their own. The downside of the finish is that it is a bit of a fingerprint magnet, but this is inevitable with a shiny finish like on the VTR.
One huge advantage for me of the VTR over the MVP is that it does not have an integrated battery, it's so much nicer to be able to just switch out batteries and to be able to carry replacement batteries with you rather than having to have a charger on hand. The "Tank Bay" is a very nice feature and takes care of the one problem I have with the MVP which is that you have a fairly large box mod and then the atty sitting on top making it even bigger. With the tank bay everything is brought together and makes the VTR a little more compact and pocket friendly (minus the weight) and a lot better looking in my opinion. The tank bay fits the included iClear perfectly, after putting a Protank in there I was pleasantly surprised that it also perfectly matched the tank bay. If you do have a topper that doesn't fit the tank bay there is an extension adaptor included which basically makes the VTR like the MVP where the atty sits on top. The included flight case style box is a very nice addition to the package and, at least for me, will be great for transporting the VTR in a backpack or suitcase.
Onto the features and functionality, the VTR feature list includes all the norms including variable voltage, variable wattage, ohms meter, short circuit protection etc. The fire button acts as the on/off button and has a very nice tactile feel. The positioning of the fire button, for the size of my hand, is perfect for both thumb or finger firing. There is one other button which is located in the middle of the control wheel which accesses the settings, this button is a little stiff for my taste, but still feels solid and well built. The control wheel on the other hand, while it does feel well made and solid, isn't as responsive as I wish it were. It doesn't seem like the physical clicks of the wheel always correspond with the changing of the voltage/wattage setting which I think could be improved. The display is an extremely bright blue and very easy to read. My only complaint with the screen is one that I have about a few devices, but isn't a major issue; when displaying the R for resistance it looks like an A due to the 7 segment configuration of the screen, this doesn't have any negative functionality consequences but isn't all that esthetically pleasing to my eye.
The overall vapor performance from the VTR is great! The voltage/wattage settings seem to ring true to the true output (though I have no way to accurately test this apart from vapor performance). I haven't had any heat issues or airflow issues from this device but I also haven't yet tried the VTR with too many different atomizers, I will make sure to update this post if any of these issues arise.

Overall this is a great device and will definitely be a regular vape for me. I personally like the heftiness and it feels great in the hand. The price tag is quite high when compared to the MVP but the after you pick up this mod you will see why. The tank bay is a real selling point for me, it just looks so much better and really takes this device to the next level over the MVP, along with the non-integrated battery which, again, the MVP didn't feature. My only two complains are that I wish that the control wheel was a little more aligned with the settings and I wish that the finish weren't such a fingerprint magnet (although this is somewhat inevitable).

catvapes
11-23-2013, 06:47 PM
I have a friend who bought one. He let me hold it. My first thought was - wow, this can double as a self-defense weapon!

Quality-Vapor.com
11-24-2013, 12:35 AM
Haha I agree! It's built like a tank! You could definitely fend of a thief with it, with the battery in and a clearo on it it's 3oz shy of a pound!

E-C-T_Frank
11-24-2013, 02:20 AM
Awesome review Quality-Vapor.com:Thumbs-Up I was just checking it out on your site and it looks like an awesome device http://www.quality-vapor.com/innokin-itaste-vtr-starter-kit/ :Thumbs-Up

Quality-Vapor.com
11-24-2013, 09:41 AM
Thanks Frank! I just wish it were a little cheaper to be honest, the cost prices out a good amount of vapers who I am sure would thoroughly love this thing! I wish all the people picking up MVPs could just grab one of these instead but alas, the price tag just doesn't make that possible. Also, I wish that Innokin provided a battery and charger so that it is truly ready to vape, they include the iClear30s which is nice but I'd, personally, rather see a battery and charger in the kit rather than the clearo.

catvapes
11-24-2013, 04:15 PM
It's a "Lexus" so....

( Local B&M price is about the same as yours)

Quality-Vapor.com
11-25-2013, 07:18 AM
True true, I'm surprised, that's a very reasonably priced B&M! There are a few online vendors selling the VTR for $10-$25 more than our price so that's where I'd expect B&M prices to be at

convincinga
02-14-2014, 08:50 AM
I agree with that!

Coleman
02-20-2014, 06:20 AM
Great product and great review about cigar device. How many price it ?

Gary1
04-10-2014, 06:23 AM
I was looking for something a bit more solid than my current fairly "cheapo" deal e-cig. Maybe this is the one for me then. Thanks for the write-up!

catvapes
04-11-2014, 11:38 PM
The VTR is definitely "a bit more solid." :-)

It's a nice device. I figure it can be used for self defense as well as vaping!