PDA

View Full Version : ?????????????? Frustration

catvapes
12-21-2013, 10:56 PM
I have been using a Kanger Pro Tank 2 with a vamo lately. Everything was fine until last night. It seemed like I needed to change my coil, so I did. The next day, it seemed the same, so I changed it again. A few hours later again. At first I didn't think too much of this as I have been vaping some dark juices. Today I decided it was ridiculous, especially after installing yet another brand new coil and getting nothing! No vapor at all. Earlier the coils were popping, gurgling and spitting hot liquid into my mouth and now nothing. I finally decided to change Vamos.. I have two, so I put the KPT2 on the other one and it seems fine. Ok, so I checked the voltage on the battery on the one that doesn't seem to be working, it's reading 3.6V. What can be wrong??????????

milhouse
12-22-2013, 10:22 PM
I have noticed using my vamo that some liquids burn better on wattage than voltage. I am not sure the reason for this, maybe the age of the juice? I am currently using a Vamo v3 and Protank 2. I would suggest making sure the coil is tightened to the Protank. I have had this issue and have noticed that I take apart the tank and the coil is loose. I am thinking this is some sort of connection problem.

Warlordxxx
12-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Which vamo are you using - The V2 had both mean and RMS setting of which only the RMS remained in the V3 - If it's a V2 you may have switched it to mean by mistake-

If you aren't sure which version you have the differences are as follows
V1 had plastic buttons
V2 Metal buttons - smooth housing - Top ring does not remove
V3 newer screen (doesn't glow white around the edges) engraved lines around the body - Unscrew-able top ring
V4 newer screen - V2 style flat body with addition of removable ring

catvapes
12-23-2013, 01:42 PM
It's a Vamo 2. I set it to RMs but I'll check in case it accidently got switched. Hopefully its something simple like that. The tank is now back on my original Vamo and is fine - so it has nothing to do with the tank or coil. The Vamo is just a battery - it has to be something like a setting (you would think) :-)

Thanks guys

Warlordxxx
12-23-2013, 08:02 PM
That's the only setting on the V2 that would effect the amount of current going through to the coil so it's all i could come up with - Short of the connector allowing less airflow - But if that was fine before then it shouldn't be a problem now and juice in the connector which would make less current not more lol

catvapes
12-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Hi WarlordXXX,

I checked all of the settings and they are correct. It appears to be something related to the Pro Tank2. This tank is fine on my other Vamo, but I can't draw anything on this vamo. I can hear the coil sizzle when I activate it, but I get zilch in the way of vapor. I put a Pro Tank Mini on it and that works fine, as does some plastic BCC tank that I found laying around.

Strange!

Warlordxxx
12-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Then it's definitely airflow - I have a Vamo in at the moment and the guy drilled a hole through the top cap to stop that happening - That's also one of the reasons they added the removable ring on the later versions - I have four vamo boards currently waiting to be rehoused in altoid tins lol

f.virtue
01-03-2015, 03:50 PM
Try cleaning connectors. (http://estick.com/) This made a huge difference!