PDA

View Full Version : Augvape Intake RTA Review by eldaar

eldaar
10-28-2019, 06:26 PM
Augvape Intake RTA (https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-augvape-intake-rta-4225ml-24mm-black-p-12543.html) was sent to me for review from Cigabuy (https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-augvape-intake-rta-4225ml-24mm-black-p-12543.html)

The Augvape Intake RTA (https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-augvape-intake-rta-4225ml-24mm-black-p-12543.html) is a top-airflow, single-coil RTA designed by Augvape in collaboration with popular YouTube vape reviewer MikeVapes. It’s certainly a special-looking atomizer, both inside and out, and one that promises a leak-proof vaping experience that really brings out the flavor of your favourite e-liquids. Let’s have a closer look at the Augvape Intake RTA:

WHAT’S IN THE BOX:

The Augvape Intake RTA (https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-augvape-intake-rta-4225ml-24mm-black-p-12543.html) comes in a small, tube-shaped package. Pull the top off, and you’ll find the Intake RTA sitting safely in a foam insert. Inside the package you get:

1 x Mike Vapes x Augvape Intake RTA
1 x Replacement Glass
1 x 810 Drip Tip
1 x Resin 810 Drip Tip
1 x 510 Drip Tip Adapter
1 x Screwdriver
1 x Bag of Spare Parts
The Intake comes with a standard glass, as well as with a higher capacity bubble glass. You also get two drip tips of different heights and materials, as well as a 510 drip tip adapter.

https://i.imgur.com/ABmZPQm.jpg

Specs and Features

Co-designed by Augvape and Mike Vapes
24mm diameter
4.2ml or 2.5ml capacity
Top airflow in, bottom airflow out
Two-posts deck with open channels for single coils
Leak proof design
Top fill

DESIGN & BUILD QUALITY

The Augvape Intake RTA (https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-augvape-intake-rta-4225ml-24mm-black-p-12543.html) is an extremely well-built and well-designed tank. It has a clean and aesthetically pleasing shape that gives it a very high-end look, and the gunmetal finish that I received matches great with a ton of mods.
There are two drips tips included with the Intake: a low-profile 810 resin drip tip, and a slightly taller 810 delrin drip tip. Both drip tips are wide bore and very well made. The resin drip tip is extremely beautiful but very low profile, and so you have to be careful not to burn your lips. The delrin drip tip is slightly taller and keeps your lips nicely off of the top cap, but it is still shorter than standard sized 810s. These shorter drip tips pair well with the Intakes sleek profile, and the shorter distance from the coil to your mouth has a huge beneficial impact on the flavor.

The Intake has large triangular notches that span the exterior of the top cap. And while it does looks great, its practical as well. These notches are great for grip, and allow you to easily remove the top cap and access the fill ports. Just give the top cap a quarter turn counterclockwise and lift it off. The threading here is very smooth but snug, and the quarter turn locking mechanism works great. While you might think that this is a disaster prone design, I haven’t had any issues with the top cap coming off unintentionally. The fit is perfect.

https://i.imgur.com/2ypsQDs.jpg

There are two fill ports on the Intake, and they are wide enough to fit your standard ejuice bottle nozzles as well as droppers without a problem. The underside of the top cap has a silicone ring that keeps your ejuice tightly contained when closed, and there is also a lip on the fill cap itself that prevents juice from spilling over the edge of the tank. Overall, the Intake is a very easy and hassle-free RTA to refill.

There are two glass sections included with the Intake: one standard glass that will hold 2.5ml, and one bubble glass that will hold 4.2ml. I personally love the look of the Intake with the bubble glass, and the fact that it ups the tank capacity is merely a bonus to me. To change the glass, simply unscrew the current glass from the base of the tank, and swap in the new one. Easy peasy.

A nice but subtle design touch is the inclusion of an Augvape “A” on either side of the AFC ring. This airflow control ring is located at the top of the device and features two well-machined, wide slots that are fully adjustable to your draw preference. And while this design might look standard from the outside, this is anything but your everyday, run of the mill airflow. When you draw, air is funnelled from the airflow slots, and in through two tubes that lead to holes in the bottom of the build deck. The result is a bottom airflow RTA, but with a top airflow intake. This design is clever, because it provides the massive flavor that bottom airflow RTAs are known for, while eliminating any chance of leaking.

These tubes are built into the build deck, and sit alongside two slightly shorter posts. Your leads are secured by some beefy Phillips head screws that can clamp down any type of coil without a problem. Depending on the way that your coil is wrapped, you might have to maneuver a bit, but the building experience is overall pretty smooth and simple. Once you figure out how to position your coils properly, building is easy.

In the middle of the deck, there are three large square holes. These holes feed air from the intake tubes directly to your coil for maximum flavor. On either side of the build deck are wicking ports for you to drop your wicks into. Once they have been dropped in, you can see them poking out the bottom. The wicking ports are very open, and each side has a cutout that spans almost half the tank. This ensures that your wicks are never without juice, even when your tank is running low.

One thing I noticed was that the Intake never appears to sit completely flush, no matter what mod you place it on. While this is really barely noticeable, it is due to a slight bevelling around the edge of the bottom of the tank. This bevelling makes it appear as if the Intake is not sitting flush, when in reality it is. Also, take care not to fasten the Intake onto your mod too tightly. If you do, you’ll end up unscrewing the glass instead of the base, making it very difficult to remove without making a mess.

Overall, the Augvape Intake is a very well manufactured RTA and the build quality is super on point. The machining is precise and beautiful, and I’m a huge fan of the way that the Intake looks. The unique airflow system and build deck are also nothing short of incredible.

The Deck

The coolest part of the Intake RTA (https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-augvape-intake-rta-4225ml-24mm-black-p-12543.html) is the deck. So like I mentioned with the chimney, this deck has these intake posts. The way they work is that that reach up to the top of the tank and lead down to the bottom of the tank and direct airflow right beneath the coil.

This is such a great idea and really sets this tank apart from other tanks. The Intake is a top airflow tank, which prevents leaking, but the airflow pipes redirect that airflow to the deck and pull it up directly beneath the coil to turn it into a bottom airflow tank, which produces a better flavor. That’s one of the coolest things I’ve seen on a tank.

It’s a two post deck, so it’s only a single coil. But there’s quite a bit of space for a single-coil deck, so you can put a long or widely-spaced coil in here if you want. The posts have slots on the sides so that you can easily slide the coil legs into place and tighten down.

You’ll get better flavor with the coil as close to possible to the airflow so try to position it close.

When wicking the deck, the cotton needs to go into the wicking channels. You want them to go in the wick channel, but not packed tight. On my first build, I packed too much cotton into the wicking holes and I was getting dry hits. After I cut the wicks down so that they just barely poked through the wick holes, I had no problems with dry hits.

On the bottom of the tank is the 510 connector pin, which protrudes slightly, but not much. It’s a static pin, but it’s probably not something you want to use on a mech.

https://i.imgur.com/3THZqFN.jpg

Vaping performance

In addition to its unique build deck and airflow, the Intakes vaping performance is truly stellar. With the airflow fully open, it delivers a restricted MTL draw which I found suited me perfectly. With the airflow adjusted more closed, you get a very restricted draw with very dense and warm vapor.

Thanks to the intake tubes in the build deck delivering air directly to the coil, the flavor you get from this RTA is bangin’. You get a truly rich and flavorful vape that brings out the best of your ejuices. The Intake is an RTA that performs just as good as an RDA, minus the hassle of dripping.

Leaking was non existent during my time with the Intake, so I can confidently say that this is indeed a leak proof design. I even tried my best to intentionally get this tank to leak, but to no avail.

I’m definitely going to continue using this tank whenever I’m not reviewing other ones. The ease of use and building, coupled with the flavor that the Intake produces is really that good.

Pros

- Easy to build on
- Good flavour
- Good clouds
- Clever airflow design
- Leak proof
- Sturdy
- Bubble glass included
- X2 810 drip tips
- 510 adaptor
- Decent price
- Choice of colours: black – stainless steel – blue and gun metal