PDA

View Full Version : 1st Mech Mod help

milhouse
01-20-2014, 04:16 PM
I am planning on getting my first Mechanical Mod. I have seen some people with the hammer and like it a lot! Is this OK for my First Mech Mod or should I look into something else? What do you like? Can you only sub ohm on a mech mod? I just got into rebuilding a few months ago.

Quality-Vapor.com
01-22-2014, 05:56 PM
The hammer will only fit 18350 batteries, if you want to do some very low ohm builds you won't be able to use an 18350 due to their amp limits. With an 18650 you can get batteries with much higher maximum amp load so you'll have a lot more of a buffer on your builds and will be able to go much lower in resistance. As far as the mod itself there are a ton of options out there, first are foremost though, what is your price range?

milhouse
02-20-2014, 09:53 PM
I received my Hammer, I have efest 18350s amd a Generic 18650 battery. are there any good videos on how to build sub ohm coils, I am having a difficult time. also I am not sure if these efest batteries will work, I thought I had a sub ohm coil but couldnt get any vapor

Quality-Vapor.com
02-25-2014, 08:47 PM
The Efest 18350s have a 6-7amp limit meaning you can safely build a coil to .7ohms at the very minimum! If you want to do sub ohm builds I would highly recommend getting a mech which will take 18650 batteries, with an 18650 you can pick up some 30 or 35amp batteries and safely go down to .2 ohms or so. We have an ohms calculator on our site where you can figure out the minimum resistance you should be building at based upon your batteries amp limit:

http://www.quality-vapor.com/ohms-law-calculator/

milhouse
05-06-2014, 11:49 PM
I got some new sony vt4's for my hammer. I noticed the Hammer Clone I bought doesn't have a good sprint. I put in a more sturdy sprint and put it under the bottom side (where the connection meets). This works sooooooooo much better. I like the Hammer Clone but you have to put a tight spring in the connection (therefor you cannot screw the 510 connection in 100%, it goes in about 80%). In my opinion I dont care if my IGO-W fits in 100% as long as the connection is really strong.

Mark
10-01-2014, 03:41 PM
I'm old school and love my Silver Bullet. There's nothing that compares to it in my opinion. It can be ran over with a truck and still vape away like a champ. Combine it with a Protank 2 or 3 and you have a great mod. I own two, one black and one white. I use it at 6 volts and 3.7. I used to take it with me when I was out and about but found that the EGO battery was easier to carry. When at home I never use an EGO except to test out new flavors on a lower voltage. The low resistance coils come in handy when vaping at 3.7. I can't remember when I had a 3.7 battery in my Silver Bullet since I bought the EGOs. It really is personal preference.

Sometimes you find a vape that tastes better at 6 volt and sometimes better at 3.7. I can always put a kick on my Silver Bullet if I want to try that sweet spot I hear everyone talking about. The kick lets you make your mod a variable volt.