PDA

View Full Version : Know anything about the L-Rider LAMBO 6.0??

Vaper62
10-16-2013, 09:27 PM
I demoed one at the State Fair of Texas yesterday. The guy billed it as a "poor man's Provari". I was sad to find that it's made in China and only has a 30 day Mnfg. Warranty. What the word on it? Anyone know?

Vaper62
10-19-2013, 10:43 PM
After doing some more research on this thing...I can't find hardly anything! Guess it's too new.

I was thinking of getting one...but...don't wanna be a guinea pig! lol. Think I'm gonna stick with one that has a good track record.

What do ya'll think of the Lava Tube v2.5? My Provari will have to wait till after the Holidays :( ... Unless...I can beat millhoouse to 10,000 posts :) jk.

Warlordxxx
10-20-2013, 02:56 AM
Lambo's are generally referred to as lavatubes - However some sites do call them Lambos

They are VV and VW devices however for this one L-rider appears to have removed the spring loaded 510 and opted for the original non movable eGo style as on the V1 lavatube.

Variable wattage on this device only goes up in 1W increments rather than the .5W offered by other devices. It may be billed as a poor mans provari but at the Lambos price tag you could buy this device a few times over and still have a little change from the provari price - This doesn't necessarily make it a better option but it does make you feel less gutted if/when you drop it.

The following i took from electronicstix website

Variable Wattage/Voltage L-Rider Lambo 6.0

1- Variable Wattage/Voltage PowerTube Lambo 6.0(Stainless)

1- User's Manual

1-Vivi Nova Style Tank

2-High power 18650 batteries

1-lambo carrying case

1-trustfire tr-001 Dual bay battery charger

Variable Wattage/Voltage L-Rider Lambo 6.0

Variable Wattage: 0w-20w, in 1w increments

Variable Voltage 3.0-6.0V, in 0.1v increments

Resistance Checker

Stainless body construction

On/Off Switch

Voltage Up/Down Switches

Blue LCD screen- Selectable Wattage/Voltage

510/eGo thread connection

Variable Wattage/Voltage L-Rider Lambo 6.0 Specification

Variable Wattage - Lambo 6.0 now has selectable wattage from 0w - 20w!

Variable Voltage - Lambo 6.0 gives you the power to select the voltage from 3v to 6v in 0.1v increments.

Resistance Checker - You can now check the resistance of your Atomizer.

Regulated voltage output - Lambo 6.0 gives consistent vaping regardless of how much battery power is left.

10-sec switch protection - The Lambo 6.0 has an auto shutdown if the switch is activated for 10 seconds to prevent overheating or damage to the atomizer.

Auto Short Circuit Protection - The Lambo 6.0 adjusts the voltage to the Atomizer, and will auto shutdown if the battery voltage or atomizer resistance is too low, the current is too high, or the battery is inserted improperly.

Built in Battery Voltage Meter - Lambo 6.0 new Blue LCD display shows wattage/voltage of battery. Will flash when the battery needs recharging, and shutdown.

At the price most are billing it as - I'd rather put even less money into a Vamo - Sure the top caps aren't that great but i have heard good things about the V4 unit (V3 chip in V2 body) and i believe the V5 even has a removeable ring round the top cap - Yup it's only 15W but bearing in mind the Lambo is supposed to be 20 Watts i doubt the chip will actually hit that with a single battery in ...

E-C-T_Frank
10-20-2013, 08:04 PM
Wow Warlordxxx that's some great info!

I don't know much about the new L-rider lambo also known as the lavatube, but I did have one of the old ones that I bought about a year ago from www.apolloecigs.com/VTube-kit-p/atube.htm and I only used it a few times. I got the limited edition stainless steal and was super excited to get it, but when it arrived, I never really used it:confused:

GizmoTronic
10-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Phil Busardo has found an issue with this mod. His video on this is quite long as it starts with some tests, but the bit about the issue starts at around 13mins 27secs.
http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/2013/10/21/a-head-up-on-the-new-l-rider-lambo-v6/

Vaper62
10-23-2013, 01:34 AM
Did a little research, it seems to have some electronics issues.

Think I'll go with the SVD instead. The Provari will just have to wait until next spring! (Unless Santa REALLY likes me!) :D

GizmoTronic
10-23-2013, 01:52 AM
Phil Busardo points out the issue with this device here http://tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/2013/10/21/a-head-up-on-the-new-l-rider-lambo-v6/
It's quite a lengthy video but the issue bit starts at around 13mins 27secs