PDA

View Full Version : Hello to All Mod Makers

E-C-T_Frank
10-17-2013, 04:19 AM
Would love to see some of the Mod Makers work. I have seen some really nice mods and would love to see some of the beautiful mods created. Please show us your work. Some of the Mods that I've seen with art work look amazing.

Anyway, let's kick off the MOD Makers talk forum.

Thanks to Warlordxxx for requesting this forum:Thumbs-Up

Warlordxxx
10-17-2013, 04:53 AM
Yeah it's all my fault hehe - I'll be putting some stuff up here soon -- I'm currently working on wood mods so should have plenty to chat about once i'm done lol

E-C-T_Frank
10-17-2013, 05:03 AM
Yeah it's all my fault hehe - I'll be putting some stuff up here soon -- I'm currently working on wood mods so should have plenty to chat about once i'm done lol

Awesome, Looking forward to seeing your mods once you finish them:Thumbs-Up

Warlordxxx
10-17-2013, 05:07 AM
Well i'll start you off with a little teaser of a pic :D 35

E-C-T_Frank
10-17-2013, 05:10 AM
Well i'll start you off with a little teaser of a pic :D 35

Wow the art work looks AWESOME:Thumbs-Up :Thumbs-Up Great work, looking forward to seeing it when complete:Thumbs-Up

E-C-T_Frank
10-17-2013, 05:12 AM
Do you draw all the art work by hand or is it done with a machine printer?

Warlordxxx
10-17-2013, 05:15 AM
It's burned into the wood by my wonderful wife :D That one is burned then colored with watercolors - However this one goes one step further because the biohazard symbol glows in the dark ...

E-C-T_Frank
10-17-2013, 05:21 AM
Wow your wife is an Amazing artist:Thumbs-Up Sounds like you and your wife put a lot of work into your mods and your customers will appreciate that:Thumbs-Up

Warlordxxx
10-17-2013, 05:23 AM
Certainly do - We tend to go a little overboard - Don't get me wrong i like to do the original type mods but we also like to push things a little further and add things we haven't done before onto our projects - I'd show you the outcome of that but at the moment it's drying from a coat of poly :D

E-C-T_Frank
10-17-2013, 05:38 AM
When you do finish them, please do show them. I would love to see the end result:Thumbs-Up

Warlordxxx
10-17-2013, 05:43 AM
Will do - I currently have on the go - 3x single 18350's
One poplar with red oak door (the biohazard one)
One red oak with poplar door
One complete red oak (this ones mine muhahaha)

Two dual 18650's with sliding doors
One red oak with poplar door and one poplar with red oak door.

Poly takes around a week to cure and these are my first attempts at wood mods (i've done plenty of electronics just never built the wood part)

E-C-T_Frank
10-17-2013, 03:48 PM
Do you by any chance have any images of the complete red oak? Would love to see it:Thumbs-Up

Warlordxxx
10-17-2013, 06:08 PM
Sure - I'll grab some in a little while - Poly coat is drying inside at the moment but hoping to have it all together at some point today :D

E-C-T_Frank
10-18-2013, 03:26 AM
Awesome, Sounds Good:Thumbs-Up

Warlordxxx
10-19-2013, 01:12 AM
Pictures as promised

That's a dual 18650 behind - It's dry after it's final coat - Need to sand off this one and then polish for shine :D

E-C-T_Frank
10-19-2013, 07:44 PM
Pictures as promised

That's a dual 18650 behind - It's dry after it's final coat - Need to sand off this one and then polish for shine :D

Wow that looks awesome:Thumbs-Up how much are you selling them for once complete?

Warlordxxx
10-20-2013, 02:58 AM
The little one will be around the $35 - $40 mark - The extra $5 is for a chrome switch $45 for the burned ones and upwards - Trying to keep everything cheap to start off with even though it's taking me hours to cut the darn wood by hand lol

E-C-T_Frank
10-20-2013, 07:52 PM
Do you sell them on www.marblevalleyvapors.com ? I like the Chameleon carbon wrap http://www.marblevalleyvapors.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=179 and the price is really good.

What's the difference between the one you're making right now and this one? http://www.marblevalleyvapors.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=180 Besides the artwork.

Warlordxxx
10-20-2013, 08:02 PM
Not yet Frank they are still in the finishing stages - There are 5 that i have currently all within various stages of being finished although they will go up there eventually lol - The one that's on the site currently i didn't build the mod just the electronics - The little ones i have are unregulated - Meaning they put out the voltage of the battery - the one on the site has an OKR T/6 inside pushing out 6A upto around 5.98v - The other difference is these ones are made from cheap sustainable wood (red oak and poplar) the one on the site is made from Lacewood (exotic hardwood) - We're going to be trying to add mods up for any budget from the cheapies to the expensive - Red oak and poplar are cheap woods so will sell as cheap mods :)

E-C-T_Frank
10-20-2013, 08:11 PM
Now I understand, thank you for clarifying:Thumbs-Up That is really cool that you guys make your own mods:Thumbs-Up

Warlordxxx
10-20-2013, 08:24 PM
Now I understand, thank you for clarifying:Thumbs-Up That is really cool that you guys make your own mods:Thumbs-Up

You're welcome :D - We make our own juice and mods - we very much like the handmade part to anything that we stock - I've been making mods since i started vaping over 2 years ago and Jenn's been making juice for over a year longer than we've had the business lol - We're going to be getting out some hand blown drip tips and possibly tanks soon as well to add into the mix :D

E-C-T_Frank
10-21-2013, 07:00 AM
You're welcome :D - We make our own juice and mods - we very much like the handmade part to anything that we stock - I've been making mods since i started vaping over 2 years ago and Jenn's been making juice for over a year longer than we've had the business lol - We're going to be getting out some hand blown drip tips and possibly tanks soon as well to add into the mix :D

You guys are definitely doing it the right way. I would be really interested in seeing your hand blown drip tips and tanks. Hand blown drip tips is taking it to whole new level:Thumbs-Up