PDA

View Full Version : Decided on an Innokin SVD. Any thoughts?

Vaper62
10-28-2013, 02:30 AM
After some research, and looking in my wallet (and change jar) , I've tentatively decided on an SVD.

Was wondering if ya'll had any experience with this device?:cool:

E-C-T_Frank
10-28-2013, 04:19 PM
I've never used any of the Innokin products, but would be curious to see how it performs. If you do get it, let us know how you like it and how it performs.:Thumbs-Up

milhouse
10-28-2013, 11:11 PM
I only own the MVP and i like it, the iclear30 tank is really good. I've never used an SVD

Quality-Vapor.com
10-29-2013, 12:43 AM
Haven't given the SVD a try yet but Innokin products are solid, if it takes after the MVP, which I'm sure it will, it'll be a great device. As Frank said, let us know how it is and how you like it! We have been contemplating stocking it but haven't pulled the trigger on a shipment yet.

E-C-T_Frank
10-30-2013, 06:11 AM
Here's a great review that PBusardo posted about the Innokin SVD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7DnXw0MqTs

Vaper62
10-30-2013, 07:57 PM
Very helpful! Thanks for the input!

vapingdude
11-14-2013, 04:05 PM
That's a cool ecig. next time I go to ecig crib I'll ask them about this ecig, if the price is right I might buy it, most of the ecig they sell that are variable voltage are priced at over a $100. When I was at the crib last picking up my juice they told me about variable wattage, but i don't know what's better.

Quality-Vapor.com
11-20-2013, 01:26 AM
That's a cool ecig. next time I go to ecig crib I'll ask them about this ecig, if the price is right I might buy it, most of the ecig they sell that are variable voltage are priced at over a $100. When I was at the crib last picking up my juice they told me about variable wattage, but i don't know what's better.

Variable wattage and voltage go hand in hand. Basically wattage is dependant on the voltage output of the battery and the resistance of the atomizer. The formula is Power (W) = Voltage Squared (V2) / Resistance (R). So, at a theoretical voltage of 3.7v (output of an eVod battery) with a 2.4ohm coil you are at 5.7w. If you were to then keep the battery at 3.7v and use a 1.8ohm coil you would be at 7.6w, but if you then changed the voltage to 3.2v with the 1.8ohm coil you would be back at 5.7w.

What the variable wattage devices do is perform this calculation automatically. You set the wattage and then it will detect the resistance of the atomizer you attach it to and change the voltage to produce the desired wattage. With a variable voltage device this is done manually either by simple trial and error, manually doing the formula or using an ohms law calculator (we have one on our site if you need one :) http://www.quality-vapor.com/ohms-law-calculator/)

Edit: I forgot to mention, the wattage (power) is the main factor that dictates your vapor production 7 watts on a 1.8ohm head will be very similar to 7 watts on a 2.2ohm head even though the voltages will be quite different.

vapingdude
11-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Variable wattage and voltage go hand in hand. Basically wattage is dependant on the voltage output of the battery and the resistance of the atomizer. The formula is Power (W) = Voltage Squared (V2) / Resistance (R). So, at a theoretical voltage of 3.7v (output of an eVod battery) with a 2.4ohm coil you are at 5.7w. If you were to then keep the battery at 3.7v and use a 1.8ohm coil you would be at 7.6w, but if you then changed the voltage to 3.2v with the 1.8ohm coil you would be back at 5.7w.

What the variable wattage devices do is perform this calculation automatically. You set the wattage and then it will detect the resistance of the atomizer you attach it to and change the voltage to produce the desired wattage. With a variable voltage device this is done manually either by simple trial and error, manually doing the formula or using an ohms law calculator (we have one on our site if you need one :) http://www.quality-vapor.com/ohms-law-calculator/)

Edit: I forgot to mention, the wattage (power) is the main factor that dictates your vapor production 7 watts on a 1.8ohm head will be very similar to 7 watts on a 2.2ohm head even though the voltages will be quite different.

Thanks for this information... I now know what the difference is between variable voltage and watts. Cool vapes.