Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Quick write up/review on my thoughts of the Kanger Protank 3

  1. #1

    Quick write up/review on the Kanger Protank 3

    We got our first shipment of Protank 3's in the other day and I have been using one for a couple days now. Overall I think it is an improvement over the Protank 2, but only under the right circumstances. I can't get the vapor/flavor production that I look for out of a tank with the Protank 3 on VV eGo/eVod batteries or even on an eVic. On the Vamo V3 with the wattage set to 12w it works great, it also worked well on the iTaste MVP v2. The one thing I do dislike about it is that it seems to "pop" a lot, I haven't had any liquid pop and make it into my mouth but it seems like that may happen. Hopefully they will start making the coils in a slightly different configuration to reduce popping (probably a tighter wrap will help).

    The best way to describe the flavor and vapor production is that it is like a turbo charged Protank 2. The vapor production is increased by, in my opinion, about 40-50% and the flavor production is increased by about 25%. As I said earlier, there is some popping which I do not like and sometimes, usually towards the end of the tank, there is sometimes a slight gurgle which also happens on the Protank 2.

    Overall it's a solid performer, I think it may have been brought to market a little ahead of schedule (probably to try and compete with the Aspire BDC) but I think, hopefully, Kanger will update the coil design to reduce or eliminate the popping.
    Last edited by Quality-Vapor.com; 11-20-2013 at 01:21 AM.

  2. #2
    Awesome review on the kanger protank 3 Quality-Vapor.com And great price on it http://www.quality-vapor.com/kanger-protank-3/

  3. #3
    Thanks Frank, have you had the chance to give one a try yet? I have read a couple other reviews and it seems everyone is having different experiences from them!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Quality-Vapor.com View Post
    Thanks Frank, have you had the chance to give one a try yet? I have read a couple other reviews and it seems everyone is having different experiences from them!
    No I haven't had the chance to try one yet. When I get tired of the protank 2 and decide to try the protank 3, I will definitely order one from you
    I'm having my first kid and I just found out it's a Boy Super Excited.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by E-C-T_Frank View Post
    No I haven't had the chance to try one yet. When I get tired of the protank 2 and decide to try the protank 3, I will definitely order one from you
    Much appreciated! And, by that time, we will have the replacement coils in (which has proven to be a real farce)

    EDIT: I just saw your signature, Congratulations!!!!!!

  6. #6
    Hi Frank,

    Congrats on the big news! A boy!

    cat

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Quality-Vapor.com View Post
    Much appreciated! And, by that time, we will have the replacement coils in (which has proven to be a real farce)

    EDIT: I just saw your signature, Congratulations!!!!!!
    Awesome, Thank you Quality-Vapor.com
    I'm having my first kid and I just found out it's a Boy Super Excited.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by catvapes View Post
    Hi Frank,

    Congrats on the big news! A boy!

    cat
    Thank you catvapes
    I'm having my first kid and I just found out it's a Boy Super Excited.

  9. #9
    great review.......Thank you Quality-Vapor

  10. #10
    great review! Since i started on rebuild-able dripping atomizers, there is no going back, but I always liked the Protanks.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •