Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoktech Pyrex U-DCT V2

Smoktech Pyrex U-DCT V2

This tank looks interesting. At first I thought it was similiar to a (plastic) tank I have, but now I realize its a cartomizer tank. What exacly does that mean?

I know this is a question, not a review :-) I wanted to delete the post but don't see a way to do that :-)
    Last edited by catvapes; 11-21-2013 at 06:47 AM.

Basically it is uses cartomizers which are metal tubes with filler material and the coil built in. They were some of the original e-cig designs and you would just saturate the filler material with e-liquid and vape away. The way the cartotanks work is that the tank has two cartomizer-sized holes, one in the top and one in the bottom. You insert the cartomizer into the bottom and push it until it's about 3/4ths of the way up, then you fill the tank so that the cartomizer is surrounded with e-liquid. Then extend the cartomizer all the way up so that it goes through the hole at the top of the tank. The last step is to prime the cartomizer by saturating the filler material and giving it a few primer puffs. The cartomizer has holes punched into it so that the e-liquid can flow in to re-saturate the filler material as you vape away.

Thanks for that. I actually have one then (a cartomizer tank). Mine is a KR808. It works well but I hate filling it as it has to be opened on both ends - tricky.

Yeah, they are a little more difficult than bottom and top coil clearomizers which, personally, I prefer, however, there are some people who love their cartos and I think the DCT is a good example of a cheap, well performing carto-tank for those who love their cartos.

Don't get me wrong. I love my cartomizer tank. I just hate filling it! Once the juice is is it, it delivers. I actually practiced filling it with water several days before attempting to put e-juice in it. The water wasn't in there very long, but if the pollyfill or water soaked it up, well, I never noticed. The e-juice tasted terrific.

Glad you got it to work after that! I find that cartos are very difficult to switch liquids in (the actual carto itself rather than the tank), I'm surprised you got the water vaped of of it!

Ignorance is bliss :-)

I thought it was a regular tank and just needed to dry out before I put juice in it. I guess I better stick to the same flavor!

Haha we all have our moments; once I was disassembling some protanks and tossing parts into a tupperware, threw the base in, threw the drip tip in and then oops, threw the glass tube in without even thinking about it. I'm sure you can figure out how that turned out.

My best moment was with the Kanger Pro Mini. I filled it and all the juice disappeared. Filled it again - same thing. All the juice was on my pants. Took it to the kitchen sink to see what was up. I forgot to put a coil in!!!!

Never fill a tank before you've had your morning coffee!

Haha easy mistake to make! I'm sure I will do that at some point